WordPress is the most popular Blogging Platform and a Site Designer tool which empowers almost 59% of the Websites on the Internet. Due to its simple interface and Drag & Drop features now everyone is creating a website on WordPress.
The most important thing about WordPress is that it can be Install & Run on any of your Web Server and it also doesn’t require additional skills for that. For beginners, it is best to start up with WordPress as it does not require any Programming language.
One can easily Install WordPress Manually or Automatically in just a few minutes with a great optimization, its not a big deal to go.
In this post, I am going to tell you How to Install WordPress Manually in Cpanel with a detailed step by step guides.
Download WordPress Package
To install the WordPress in Cpanel first we need to download the WordPress package. Always ensure the downloading latest version of WordPress so you can get latest security update and patches.
You can always update WordPress automatically from Cpanel in a click so don’t worry about updates.
You Must Know | 15+ Essential WordPress Plugins You Must Have as A Beginner
Download WordPress from the Official Site.
Uploading WordPress on Web Hosting Server
In order to Install WordPress in Cpanel, you need to upload the WordPress package to the Web Hosting Server.
There are three ways to uploading the WordPress Package to Web Hosting Server, you can use any one which you find easy.
- Uploading via FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Uploading via File Manager
- Uploading via SSH
Most of the beginners love to upload the WordPress and other files to the server with the help of File manager as it is easy and very simply just like a computer workspace.
Creating MySQL Database & Username
A Database is everything for a WordPress just like a storeroom where it saves all WordPress files, themes, plugins, etc.
Along with this it also the same username, password, comments, email means all the data which your WordPress or users are using on the website.
To create a MySQL Database you need to login in Cpanel then click on MySQL Database Wizard under the Database section.
Now click on create option and enter the databse name.
Now we need to add a user to the database which can manage all the database records and can modify them at any time. You can add multiple users to a database as per your Hosting Package.
Click on Add a user, enter the username and password and click on OK. Now you need to add this user to database simply click on the database and add a user to the database.
Running WordPress Installation
In order to connect the database to WordPress, you will need to configure the WordPress setup wizard. This setup wizard will make your WordPress installation successful. So enter all details carefully. Let’s get started :
For this, you have to first visit the WordPress installation directory. If you have uploaded WordPress package to the root folder then use the below link to install WordPress manually and don’t forget to replace yourdomain.com to your domain name.
If you have uploaded your WordPress package to other folders then root folder of your host then you have to visit below URL. Change “blog” to a folder name in which you have uploaded WordPress package.
- After going to WordPress you will need to provide all the details which are mention in the insert field.
- Enter the database username (Created Earlier)
- Enter the database password. (Note: Create a strong password which is difficult to hack. You can also use the Password Generator to create a strong password)
- Enter the database host( You can type your hostname or simply use localhost in this field)
- Choose the table prefix, default it is entered as “WP” you can also change it if you want else leave it.
Submit the details this will connect WordPress to the database. If you got any error in it try checking all the entered detail
Install WordPress using Softaculous
If you find the manual method as difficult then you can use Softaculos One-Click Installer to install WordPress automatically. This is the easiest method to install WordPress.
Steps to install WordPress with Softaculos:
- Go to Cpanel
- Click on Softculos App shown at the bottom of Cpanel
- Now type the “WordPress” in the search filed of Softaculous and hit enter. Click on WordPress and go for install button. Hit the button and check all the detail provided in the WordPress configuration page.
- If all the details are correct then go to the bottom and type your email to receive all the installation setting to your mailbox and click on install
- All done, you have successfully installed WordPress.
Most of the Web Host Companies provide one-click WordPress installation with their hosting plans & some also offer special WordPress Hosting Server which is specially designed for WordPress Optimization. Installing WordPress is not a big deal if you follow up all the steps mentioned above. Still, if you find any problem on Installing WordPress Manually you can use Softaclouse which does all your work automatically.